Previous Show Next Show
Coca-Cola Starplex Amphitheatre

Venue currently known as Superpages.com CenterSunday, May 18, 2008
Setlist
Encore 1
Encore 2

58HOURS MEMBERS AT THIS SHOW: 38
stonerose88, mrstrue, Tim Crimson, marcoboze, majestic103, vjs0710, livets, soundinthedark, bewhoyouwanted, metaljmj, sweetcell, paulhormone, empeaks, HuntingWolf, Evolo, lgonzales, mcconnek28, JReyes, Dela24, eddi818, Inphantoms, urbudchris, Kid Julian, fakeplasticme, craig, Mstetten, Black-star101, dookie toots, Minima, IMightBeWrong, wolfram , suprefan, martygoeswhee, yokoshima, dpchrz, imablur, Andrew_RH_Jones, guseldorph,

I had been struggling to get into the songs from In Rainbows...until this show. It's now four days later and the songs are still streaming continuously through my head, along with other wonderful memories: the cool lighting tubes, Jonny's wild guitar noises leaping out of nowhere, the bobbing, magnetic presence that is Thom Yorke. Upon walking out of the concert I would've told you the final song of Paranoid Android was the definite highlight, but dammit...in hindsight it was all awesome. I wish I could rewind back to Sunday and experience it all again.

submitted by: Tamara
12:26 PM [US Pacific time], Thursday, May 22, 2008

I went to the Saint Louis show, but have been checking on the setlists anyway.... seeing "Wolf at the Door" would've been KICK ASS. You lucky Dallas kids...

submitted by: whooradiohead11
10:32 AM [US Pacific time], Wednesday, May 21, 2008

this was my third show of the tour (nissan/bristow and woodlands being the other two), and this one was by far the best. i can't put my finger on exactly what made the evening so magical, but it was an experience of a lifetime. i've been to hundreds of concerts over the years (yes, i have a mild addiction), and this may well have been the best show of my life. i was in the pit, dead-center in front of thom, about 5 people back. the band was obviously having a great time on stage. ed congratulated thom at the end of "nude" with a "good job and quick applause - you know it's a great night when the band members are impressing each other. simply magical. to the person asking about the thom's response to the heckler during exit music: it was along the lines of "you're a funny guy - too bad you couldn't wait until after the show to be funny. don't worry, i'll show you what funny really is". sounded like thom wanted to roll with this kid :)

submitted by: Drei
9:09 AM [US Pacific time], Wednesday, May 21, 2008

This was my second Radiohead show, and I have to say that every moment just blew me away. Even more than my first experience. I was lucky enough to be surrounded by other respectful/seemingly honest fans.. but did notice the annoying/confused looking fratboy types.. and I couldn't have been more disappointed to think of someone being ugly in the middle of one of the most beautiful songs on earth. Those types will show up regardless I suppose. Thom and this band just understand music as an artform.. and perform it like art. It was a show that I will never forget.

submitted by: Jackie
10:36 AM [US Pacific time], Tuesday, May 20, 2008

All previous posts are right on about what an unbeleivable show this was. Only drawback was the usual Dallas crowd: The pack of four generic party girls next to us who knew maybe two songs and did their generic party girl dancing and WHOO-ing whil pointing their raised finger to the words, badly dressed, too much perfume. As well as the numerous fratboy/yuppie/corporate types who obviously received free tickets or paid to come & see what the buzz was all about. These obvious non-philes would always clap/cheer/whistle every time the band came to a pause or slowdown, thinking that the song was over, only to see the band kick back in with another verse or chorus. Makes me sad for all the real fans who weren't able to go.

submitted by: Rod
12:00 AM [US Pacific time], Tuesday, May 20, 2008

David, I was also on the Lawn and made the trek to the front of the stage, and the "fratattiude" at that show was an all time high, i dont even think they came for the music, BTW once i got out of the lawn, it was amazing.

submitted by: Richard
7:03 PM [US Pacific time], Monday, May 19, 2008

This was my 4th Radiohead show and it was definitely my favorite. I was lucky enough to sit in the 3rd row behind the pit, front and center. Wow! Wow! Wow! The entire experience was mesmerizing, haunting, electric and jovial...all at the same time. The guys looked so relaxed and chill. My first RH show was their last one in Dallas at Fair Park Music Hall in '98. They blew my mind then and I have been hooked ever since. Now, ten years later, they have become the greatest band on Earth to me. They played all of IN RAINBOWS and had a good mix of the other albums. (No PABLO, but that figures) My personal highlights were: "There There", "Fake Plastic...", "Bodysnatchers", "House of Cards", "Exit Music..." and the one that totally blew me away..."Wolf at the Door". That song is just flat-out amazing live. I feel lucky to have seen it for the 2nd time. My only complaint is that I can't go see them again right now. I love this fucking band!!! I hope this means they will come back to Dallas again VERY SOON!

submitted by: mwing
7:03 PM [US Pacific time], Monday, May 19, 2008

My first Radiohead show, and it definitely surpassed any/all expectations! Fake plastic...bends...all with a great full moon directly overhead...crowd lost it on paranoid android...overall, Last night was greatness! PS...All of Dallas thanks Thom for sporting his playoff beard...GO STARS!

submitted by: Deep Easy
5:00 PM [US Pacific time], Monday, May 19, 2008

My second radiohead show, first was at Cuyahoga Falls, OH in '01. Let me just say that I don't believe there is a better band around, and the live experience is as good as you will find. They command a shed better than most acts command a theater. I go to lots of shows and this was the first time in a long, long time that I got goosebumps when the band came on and then again, at several points during the show. I repeatedly found myself essentially laughing at how ridiculously good this band is. I was shocked in '01 to see how well they translated KidA and Amnesiac material to the stage. Knowing they can do that, what stood out this time was the mastery of using the timbre of Thom's voice as an instrument. And they do it exceedingly well in a huge amphitheater. His voice during the Plastic, Nude type of songs was a true instrument of power and beauty. How truly great a band has to be to put on show in a venue this size and leave an entire crowd amazed is not to be understated. Not to sound like a fanboy but this band is IMO, hands down the best act going. They do it in the studio, they do it live. This particular show confirmed what I had suspected following my first RH show. You can go to as many concerts as you have money for and you will see a lot of great shows, but you will leave a RH show knowing you've seen best band of (now a couple) a generation.

submitted by: Mike
2:39 PM [US Pacific time], Monday, May 19, 2008

THE best show I have ever seen. In the middle of one of Thom's solos someone in the crowd yelled and interrupted the whole crowd but, Thom quickly shushed him. Can't remember what he said though, it was funny :)

submitted by: Tyler
2:01 PM [US Pacific time], Monday, May 19, 2008

I saw them perform Idioteque on SNL in 2000 and have wanted to experience the live show ever since. They did not dissapoint. I was a big radiohead fan before last night, but nothing could have prepared me for such a powerful show. Amazing, amazing band.

submitted by: Landon
12:24 PM [US Pacific time], Monday, May 19, 2008

The best show i have ever seen. I danced so hard.

submitted by: Max
9:01 AM [US Pacific time], Monday, May 19, 2008

the show was incredible - my first live radiohead experience. My fiancee and I were sitting on the lawn at first - which SUCKED. you couldnt really hear the band all that well - all you could hear were frat boys talking about beer pong and other meat head activities - so we made an adventurous trek to the front of the stage. SO MUCH BETTER - the lights show was incredible, the set list was awesome. Really couldnt ask for much more. Radiohead is the best. Thanks for an unforgettable night.

submitted by: David Kellogg
8:45 AM [US Pacific time], Monday, May 19, 2008

unbelievable show. easily the best live act i've ever seen. they had incredible command of their "sound".

submitted by: craig
8:23 AM [US Pacific time], Monday, May 19, 2008

This was my first Radiohead show and it certainly didn't disappoint. The weather was great and the band was flawless. The crowd went absolutely crazy when Thom returned from the first encore with "Fake Plastic Trees." Playing "Paranoid Android" as a final track was a great selection by the band, and the song was absolutely fantastic. One issue - I don't see "The Bends" on the published setlist and I'm almost certain they played it last night.

submitted by: Nate